Monday 25 February 2013

Catch Up


Life has been pretty hectic and the time has come to catch up and add the work I have done this college year.

The work below was our first module after the Summer  break.
We had to create garment fronts. I have chosen to use the trend, Subterranean.
While on my holidays on Kos I loved the pebbles on the beach and used some of the drawings I did of these pebbles. I also had taken photographs of the stratum in the rocks while on holiday in Cornwall a couple of years ago. These were combined with drawings I did of fossils shaped like a heart.
This is my mood board below, using fashion photographs, pictures from magazines, my own photographs and pebble drawings.



Once I had created my design motifs in my sketch book I decided to tie dye and dip dye some fabrics, see one below.



I used parts of my drawings of pebbles and manipulated them in photoshop, adding colour. I love the scale of the first one below  and the second one I can imagine on a t-shirt.
The third photo shows the garment front.




 Here I have screen printed this design onto some polyester satin and then hand stitched on the pieces of pink silk. 


 This is our favorite, the dip and tie dyed fabric, screen printed with a pebble design and then hand stitched into with a fine running stitch and some satin stitch.


Not the best photographs I'm afraid, but I feel the whole collection is quite 60's looking and lend themselves well to a simple shift dress.














No comments:

Post a Comment